Monday, January 24, 2011

Why New Zealand?

The popular question that I have been getting from friends, family and other people that I have come into contact with: why NZ?

  Well first of all, why not?


Kidding.. well for starters..  

1.) I wanted a place that was young and fun and active. (New Zealanders or "Kiwis" as they are known as are known for being EXTREMELY friendly---loves it!--- and adventurous.. skydiving.. bungee jumping.. sailing, surfing, jet-boating.. you name it, most likely they do it!!) They also have a hoppin' night life.. which I am not opposed to... there will be plenty of people around my age to meet!


2.) I wanted a place where I did not have to learn another language ( I've fulfilled my foreign language requirements.. and I am not trying to get a grade for any languages.) Although there are options to learn the native Maori language and about their culture because they are extremely respected among the NZ people today.. unlike our native americans....

3.) I wanted a place where I could go and marvel at the land. [[Thanks Eat, Pray, Love...]] (NZ is about the size of Colorado with a population of about 4 million people... aka .. not overpopulated.. and plenty of room to roam and explore!!) With options of hiking, mountain biking, skiing and sailing.. there are a variety of ways to see the land!!! 


I will be studying at Victoria University in Wellington, New Zealand! Google it if interested... I will live up in the hilly area and will take the famous Cable Car to and from the city and I am within walking distance of my campus!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment