Saturday, May 7, 2011

Milford Sound.

The first activity that the girls and I planned to do in Queenstown was to go to Milford Sound. This is regarded as one of New Zealand's top tourist attractions and even considered to be the 'eighth Wonder of the World.' For me personally, this was again one of those surreal moments where just a few months ago it seemed like only in my dreams would I see such beautiful scenery. Another dream coming true where I get to attest to the natural beauty of this world. Milford Sound, we learned is not actually a sound, but rather a fjord and it is one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen. Cascading waterfalls. Glistening water. Sunny Day.  Milford Sound was actually perfection if I've ever seen it. However it is one of those things that description and words do not do it justice so for this entry, I will let the pictures do the talking.
Can't compete with this beauty.


Go, go chasin' waterfalls.




Milford.
The Perfect Day.

Also worth noting, the drive to Milford Sound was absolutely breathtaking. I should have only known that the natural beauty that surrounded us on the way in was a 'sneak peek' into what we were about to see. From valleys and snow-capped mountains to waterfalls and the breathtaking Mirror Lakes, I hope you enjoy the pictures that I took. :)
Leaving Queenstown.

Just another day in the life..

Mirror Lakes.

 








No comments:

Post a Comment