Tuesday, May 31, 2011

"When you're happy like a fool, let it take you over..."

It is Wednesday at approximately 10:45 am and I have just completed my FIRST final! That's right... 1 class down, 3 to go! I thought I would blog while I had a free moment because tonight/the rest of the week I will be extremely busy! With a presentation tomorrow, a final paper due Friday and 2 final papers due next week- the library and I will become the best of friends over the next few days. Victoria's library is no Herman B. Wells, but I guess it'll have to do!
My View.

As I was walking home from my exam today, the clouds parted and the sun came out (which was a good thing because it was a little chilly walking to my 9am class!) The views that I have walking to and from class are astonishing and they still never get old. (Definitely something I will miss!) On the way back home, I found myself day dreaming about this city as well as all of the cities that I will soon see! With 28 days left, I have A LOT to jam pack in that short amount of time.  Starting next week, Brenda, Hillary and I will be heading to Dunedin where we will spend a night there and visit the Cadbury Chocolate Factory (fat, I know!) for a tour! We will also be visiting The Speight's Ale House for dinner and a tour of the brewery! 



We will also be heading to Lake Wanaka for a few days for fun activities, not to mention we will be driving (nervous!). But the playlists for the burned CDs are being compiled as I write!

Grandma Georgia.
I am so excited for a little get away and I think it is definitely necessary with all the work that we have been putting in. Don't get me wrong I LOVE Wellington, but I need that traveling fix! I definitely made the right decision to come and study here. This city has given me so much, I will forever be grateful. As my time is dwindling, I am really trying to take in as much as I can and appreciate this experience for what it has been. I will be so sad to leave, but also excited to be reunited with my friends and family back home. There have been reminders of them everywhere and I feel like they are always with me. This past weekend in particular, walking around the waterfront, there was a docked boat with the words "Sweet Georgia" which instantly reminded me of Grandma Georgia and got me so excited to see her and all of my extended family at the annual Ackermann/Mullins 4th of July family beach trip!
Artwork @ City and Sea Museum.


I know I need to focus on this experience because with less than a month left, I am distraught over the idea of leaving this place. I have truly come to call it my second home and feel so content here. Wish me luck on my finals! Ready to have them over with! 

Musical choice for today?
      "We Walk in Circles" by Computers Want Me Dead.


Until next time.. XOXO,

                 Ams

P.S. Check out my friend Claire Shirley's blog. She is one of my best friends from high school/ back home and has been a HUGE support system while I have been abroad! She spent the semester at IU, however has been chosen (as 1 of 11!) to partake in an IU research program in Eldoret, Kenya. She will be researching and reporting on the HIV/AIDS epidemic there. She has truly done some amazing things and has traveled quite a bit in her short life. I am so very proud of her and cannot wait to be reunited in the fall!!! 
Claire and I. She's the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment