Sunday, March 6, 2011

Just some quick updates..

So it has been a few days since blogging.. but here is what the Wellington gang has been up to...

...we have officially survived our first week of classes. I am enrolled in 3 Sociology classes and 1 social policy and the family class. I have found that they will all be fairly interesting especially from a NZ perspective. For 2 of my sociology classes, I have the same teacher and I am already obsessed with him. He studies Sociology because he feels as though he is a walking/living example of a sociological statistic.. he was raised in a poor/middle working class and had all of the factors to keep him in that socio-economic class.. but against the odds he went to Uni (first person in his family to do so) and now has his Ph.D.. and has written successful articles and books. He is truly an inspiration.. love him!

Anyways.. Lauren and my roommate and her friend attended student night on Wednesday @ the establishment.. $1 wine night.. good for the soul and the budget... had a glass of wine, got some dessert and then headed home to do some reading and finish off the week! We had an AMAZING view from our little balcony @ the Establishment..

Me and Lauren @ the library!

Walking home barefoot like a local :)

On Thursday, our orientation program had a dessert gathering @ this amazing place called Strawberry Fare..amazing desserts that literally looked like artwork.. we had this gathering since the Christchurch people were moved to Wellington; that is 5 more of us here which I am excited about! I love all of these people so we were brought together to be contacts for them! Anneka is back!!!!!!!! And Cathy and Mike, Alec and Sam! This will be such a fun semester!!!
Lauren's Lemon Chocolate Cheesecake

Triple Chocolate Brownie w/ Raspberry.. in heaven..

Alec's Black Forest Cherry cake..

On Saturday we did some shopping where I proceeded to find many a purchases...and signs of friends and family.. from pugs to Spongebob.. and then we had a party  @ my house.. it was fun to bring together my friends and just spend time with them!!! It ended bittersweet-- seeing as how my camera is not broken... must fix it or find a new one before heading to Rotorua this weekend!!! Ahhh!! On a hunt!!!
On the way to Lambton Quay.

Datwich's favorite.

Dangie!

Witnessing our first protest.. 

Cathy, Sam, Myself, Anneka.. sad the last picture my camera will ever take...

No comments:

Post a Comment