Sunday, March 13, 2011

Reflection.

It's beauty is absolutely breathtaking.

What a week it has been.. week 2 of school is over and done with, and the girls and I successfully planned and executed our first big weekend trip to Rotorua. A lot of time and energy goes into planning a trip. There is traveling and how to get there, booking a hostel, food, trips/activities.. etc... but I think this trip made us a little more confident to do our next trip. With about a month or so until SB or "Easter Break," as they call it here, we have 2 weeks of fun to plan now. 

Pictured above is the beautiful sunset I captured on the way back to Wellington. As I had my ipod in (listening to Adele's CDs 19&21 of course!!) I just had the chance to think of the trip that I had just taken. Good times with great friends, making memories that I WILL NEVER forget.. There is not a day that goes by where I do not thank God (and my family) for this experience. What a lucky girl I am. I truly feel that the best thing you can do is enjoy life to the fullest. After all, putting yourself out there and getting to know people and places and appreciating the things that they have to offer is a strength that everyone could use. One of my favorite quotes came to mind after seeing the sights that I have seen this weekend and thus far in my trip.

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."  ~Erma Bombeck

'Everything' in this sense means to me that I have used every blessing and strength that he has provided for me and have taken every opportunity that he has provided for me and used it for some good. I am not perfect, nor is anyone on this planet, but I am a student of life and I feel as though I am consistently learning. The beauty of this country and the things that I have seen is so breathtaking, that I only feel like God could have created it. The fact that I can look out of my window in my flat or a bus that I am traveling on, and can instantly feel some sort of peace or sense of tranquility still amazes me.
What a world we live in. With all of the bad things that happen: crime, natural disasters, etc.. I am reminded here of all of the good. And for that, I am thankful to Him.

With that being said, I ask all of you to pray for the people who were affected by the Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan. That was somewhat of a downer in our trip, and the next day we had a Japanese woman on our sledging trip that was not sure how her family was doing back home in Japan. I will be keeping them in my prayers.

Sending my love from the other side of the world: Peace, Love, and Travel,

              <3 Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment