Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What. A. Week... getting a little STIR crazy..

The title alone pretty much says it all. I am exhausted... school has really started to pick up and I now have a pile up assignments on my plate. But let's start from the beginning...


....this weekend TEAN set up a little cultural tour to walk around Wellington for those of us in Welly as well as those of us in Palmerston North. It was nice to be reunited with those people from our orientation program just to be able to check in and see how everyone is doing!

We walked along the bay and harbor while festivals were going on and families were out to play! I felt like I saw more children on that Saturday than I have since I have been here.. so you can imagine that I was in heaven!! Our lovely tour guide, Maria is a theatre actress here in Wellington and she showed us around the warehouse where they perform as well as some good places to eat, hair salons and tied in some culture as well. I personally had a discussion with her about what got her into acting and it was fascinating just seeing her reactions and hearing her talk about her passion... its always nice to meet people like that!

Karim being creepy with his camera..as usual..


The weekend was a little rough--emotions ran high. I think this was the first weekend that I felt somewhat homesick. I have kept in pretty good contact with my parents and my family but my heart was really aching for 1018... Kappa. My sisters just got back from their Spring Breaks and there have been so many birthdays, highlites and hard times that I have missed out on. I was having MAJOR FOMO. I consistently stalk their facebook pages and I have become one of those annoying people that "likes" and comments on EVERYTHING. Its so weird when your whole support system is completely separated from you..
I <3 my PC.

Kappa!

Mom always says siblings are the LONGEST relationship that you will ever have<3

Madly obsessed with Big Mike & Dangie.

...with that being said though... Megan and Morgan came over to keep me and Brenda company and talked me through things... although I am missing my sisters, friends and family back home, I know that the friends I have made here are going to be in my life for a LONG time and that is a great feeling...

... Brenda and I also ordered A TON of groceries the other day.. we finally have a FULLY stocked fridge here.. here's the thing... we live on a HUGE, WINDY hill and it would take us about 10 trips (about 15 min round trip, each time) to get all the groceries we would need. Also the only grocery store near us is the 4 Square Dairy (convenience store) and unless you want to pay 9$ for a box of cereal.. it is cheaper to go this route...
Brenda and I's Pantry.. it feels good.

Yum.

Other than that, school is keeping me busy..the girls are coming over later to plan Spring Break...and this weekend I have decided to get out of my house and go to Taupo with some friends from my orientation program.. we have "booked a bach" (rented a house) and will be going SKYDIVING this weekend... that's right folks.. 15,000 foot DROP. Praying that my parachute will work.. nervous... pictures and stories to come... (hopefully...) XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment