Thursday, March 31, 2011

I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends...(and sisters...)

It has hit, folks. It finally feels like home... 

....it has been SUCH a busy week with schoolwork REALLY picking up!! Assignment deadlines are coming up. Essays, assessments, tests... when does the madness end?!! Approximately 2 weeks, that's right, TWO WEEKS until Spring Break!!! 


...but anyways back to how it feels like home.. I have finally developed a 'routine' here. Classes are going well.. I have only missed 1 class thus far! It is hard to understand my teachers and their accents sometimes b/c New Zealanders really like to mumble... but I am kind of getting the hang of it, doing my homework as well as keeping up with a social schedule! Lauren and I joined the gym... going to weekly Yoga, Pilates, Zumba classes, and more! So we meet up for that... and the girls come over sometimes while Brenda and I cook up a storm!!! 
Brenda, Megan, Morgan, Myself, Lauren

I was walking home from the gym today (after being a good student and going to the library prior to..) and I was listening to my Ipod when back to back, I heard the songs 'I Want You Back' (Jackson 5) and 'Down' (Jay Sean), which IMMEDIATELY brought a smile to my face because it reminded me of two of my best friends back home... Paige and Maggie!! 
Paige and Mags, my heart and soul!! <3

                           Maggie and Paige.. 2 of my best friends...and not just friends, sisters....
                                                             So many fun times with these 2!

                                                             She is too much fun!!!!

It was also nice because I got to skype with them along with some of my other Kappa sisters and Maria and my mom! This has definitely been a week of tests. A test of faith, patience, and perseverance ... it was one of those weeks that had a lot of ups and down--emotionally. My heart was yearning for the familiar.. but after having a lovely talk with them, I felt more at ease... Paige and I were e-mailing back and forth and she sent me these beautiful quotes... 

"In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true." --Buddha

"Vous ne pouvez pas ceer l'experience. Vous devez la subir" aka "You can not create experience you must undergo it" 
Love my Paige. 
                                                               Love you, PP <3

....after I thought about it...and with a little help from my friends, family and faith.. my heart yet again was open.. it's like I got that second wind or second push to keep going on... I came here for a reason.. after hours of researching, paperwork, deadlines, etc.. I got myself into this, and thus far it has been a BLAST.. it is hard to believe when I wake up here tomorrow that it will already be APRIL. UNREAL. Where is this time going?! This semester has been full of lessons, excitement, anxiety, moments of peace and clarity with a few tears thrown in... but I am excited to see what the rest of this semester holds for me... and in those moments of stress and loneliness, I know I cannot fret! How can you when you live in a place that looks like this?!! 

Welly.

My city, Wellington :)

Zealandia.

                                                                 Lake Taupo.
On the way home from Taupo.

View from my window.

Auckland.

.....wish me luck.. I will be LOCKING myself in the library for the next few weeks... XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment