Wednesday, June 22, 2011

"And I'll admit that I don't know, just where I'm going on this long and winding road."

"So stare and see that this is me,
and I will be just what I need to believe
that something is what I'm gonna be.
And what you do is what you do and what I do needs to be true.
The things I do maybe need to be thought through,
but just remember what's right for me, might be not right for you."


                    -This is Me (The Rocket Summer)


I am now blogging with inspiration from a journal entry that I wrote as the girls and I were driving from Franz Josef to Twizel. I had driven from Picton to Franz Josef, so Hillary was taking over the driving and I was riding shotgun, which allowed me to journal about the previous days. It was Saturday the 18th at approximately noon and I was DJ. I had burned about 6 or 7 CDs for this trip and I just put in a compilation CD of my favorite Rocket Summer Songs. It was just one of those days. The Rocket Summer always brings back great memories. I attribute that genre of music and me liking it to my older brother, Paul. Just growing up with him, I learned about a lot of great bands and the Rocket Summer is one of them. I am blown away by Bryce Avary and his talent. His lyrics are also really inspirational to write to, so it only made sense that the words just flowed on the page.
Fox Glacier. (To me, not as nice as Franz Josef.. we picked a good one!)






Our drive to Twizel was beautiful and I even snuck in a short nap along the way, however I spent most of my time thinking about the little amount of time I had left in this country. I try not to think about it until I absolutely have to but it seemed like my mind was plagued with the though of packing my bags and leaving life as I have known it for the last 5 months.


Like I have said before, this country, the people, the places and sites I have seen are a part of me that I will never forget. I laugh as I read over my words on the pages with the frustration that I feel. I am frustrated with the idea that I cannot FULLY express my feelings and journey through my blog and that the pictures do such little justice for the true beauty of this country. I then have to laugh at myself again because how can I be complaining about such a silly thing? I have seen so many beautiful places, but still there is so much to see. (I know, Mom, I can't see 'everything') But one of these days, I sure do want to try. I thought about how much fun another road trip around this country would be. I then had a flash of the future thinking that I could come back. There is too much magic here not to come back. But when would I? And would I come by myself or with someone? So many questions...


It is just so fun to drive here because you never know what you are going to see around the next corner. So again.. I leave you with more pictures because after all, a picture is worth 1000 words....




XOXO,


            --(d)Amy


P.S.  Then it dawned on me: honeymoon. God love whoever I marry. That man will have to be okay with the idea of coming back here because he actually has no say. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment