Tuesday, June 14, 2011

"I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change, and breakaway..."

Kaikoura: Day 1.

...So upon our arrival back to Wellington (after our Dunedin trip!), our house was in shambles... shouldn't I have known? Our thought-less roommates had dirtied up our house, unplugged our fridge (causing Brenda and I to have to throw away groceries...) and then after leaving a note to ask them to clean up after themselves and tell us what happened, one of my roommates in particular had the nerve to tell me that I was "rude" to leave such a "mean" note. Interesting enough... she had not even experienced my "mean" side yet.... so instead of starting some dumb argument- I decided I needed TO GET THE HECK OUTTA MY FLAT. So Brenda and I took a last minute trip to Kaikoura...surprise! We hopped a "scenic flight" from Wellington to Picton (taking us approx 25 minutes) and from there we rented a car to drive the 2 hours to Kaikoura... and I am so glad that we did because we had a blast and the scenery was unreal!











After arriving, we had Thai for dinner and decided to check out some activities we could do. We decided to do whale watching (which Kaikoura is known for...) and then I found an extra special treat consisting of farm animals and llama trekking. That's right.. you read it correctly, llama trekking. Oh, how I had a feeling that we were not going to forget this trip....

No comments:

Post a Comment