Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 1 in Auckland!

Day one was very exciting here in Auckland, NZ! Although it is not where I will be primarily staying, I was really excited to see this city. It is quite a ways away from Wellington and I did not know how likely I will get the opportunity to visit so this is quite an adventure. Upon arrival we met one of our orientation leaders and we proceeded to get to know everyone a little better. We then went on a walking tour to see some sites, run some errands as well as to get some gelato before dinner!
Walking around Auckland

Patience and I in front of the fountain!

Very cool side alley ways in Auckland! They are all over the place!


We cross the street diagonally.


We ate at this awesome restaurant called the Mezze Bar. We ate tapas and it was delicious! There were many things I had never tried before so I was excited already for this experience. We ate everything from fine cheeses and hummus to roasted vegetables and lamb! I got to sit with 8 other amazing women on my trip and I have enjoyed getting to know them!

Tapas!

Nom.

Megan, myself, and Anneka @ dinner.


After dinner we walked around a little more and came upon the Provedor club in Auckland. It was international student night so we decided to check it out.. after finding out Lauren had forgotten her passport.. we had to truck it back to the hotel and then back to the bar. (Roundtrip is approx 40-45 minutes)..



Upon entering Provedor, we soon realized that it was not that fun and a little too smokey for our taste. We had a glass of wine, booked it out of there and took Lauren to get Gelato seeing as how she missed it the first time. Auckland has been very good to us thus far and we are excited for the next few days to come!!!
Patience and I!

Hilary, Patience, myself and Lauren with Gelato. Definite great ending to our night!

No comments:

Post a Comment