Sunday, February 20, 2011

I get by with a little help from my friends...

The start of a new week!!!!! Woooo!!! After feeling a little bummed about the roommate situation yesterday, I had a good night's sleep and felt refreshed this morning! I ran errands with Lauren to open a bank account and then spent the day organizing my room! School officially starts 1 week from today!!!

With that being said.. we are going to take advantage of this week and explore Wellington and it's suburbs.. there is a wine and chocolate tour with our names on it as well as I want to go down to the waterfront and explore and lay at the beach!! Once school starts we are all going to be so busy, so we have to do things now!!!

I do not know what I would do without the girls I have here! Lauren, Megan and Morgan have been phenomenal since I have gotten here.. they are really my support system here! Lauren is sweet and kind and really easy to relate to... she is also really funny and takes some of the most amazing photography that I have seen- she is quite talented.. check out her blog and photos @ http://lmergen.wordpress.com/
Megan is witty and tells it how it is.. she is funny and not afraid to say how she really feels and I respect that about her! Her energy is so fun to be around and then there is Morgan... what a sweetie!! She is so sweet and innocent but she has her one-liners.. she also has some hilarious points of view but the three of them are just some real, genuine people and it is refreshing to be around that!
Patience, Me, Gaby, Morgan and Megan!! 

Brenda, Lauren and I!! 

It is amazing how much they remind me of my friends back home.. and I know they will be friends of mine even after these travels...

I also got to talk to my parents and mark today. I always feel content and a sense of peace after talking to Big Mike and Dangie because they really help put things in perspective. With stuff from roommate nonsense to any setbacks that this trip might give me.. mom and dad always know how to make things better. After talking with them, I wish so badly that they would come visit.. and not from a perspective of me being homesick because I have yet to truly feel homesick, but more I wish I could just share part of this experience with them.. they would really love it here!!

I am not off to meet the girls @ our fave coffee shop- Espressoholic!!! We have all been craving drinks and sweets from here!! A girl needs her chocolate after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment