Saturday, February 19, 2011

Just another lazy day... thanks Bruno Mars...

The Lazy Song by Bruno Mars came on my iTunes today and that is exactly what this Sunday feels like.. it was an active night last night.. after walking around the Botanic Gardens, we got gelato and Lauren and I went to her gig.. got dinner and then met up with the girls to explore Courtenay Place which is one of the hoppin' nightlife areas here in Wellington.

We were all sober and exploring and we realized that we were slightly misinformed with how much people in NZ party.. they told us it is not like America.. however I would argue that fact on Courtenay place.. they were RAGING. Like really raging.. there were some cool bars but also some sketchy ones.. we ended up just walking around and exploring.. so we headed home because we knew that we wanted to get up and go to the Farmers Market!

So waking up today.. two of my roommates, Lauren and I ventured down to the Farmers Market here. It was AMAZING.
Entrance to the Farmers Market..

It was soo large and vegetable are dirt cheap here.. $1 peppers, avocados for .80 cents.. kilos of fruit for $1.49.. and berries.. 2 for $2.. amazing!! And you can tell just how fresh stuff is here!! We were so excited for the farmers market.. and it was well worth it.. my roommate and I went in on things together.. so I got my share of fruits and vegetables for the week for like $6. That will be a hot spot because every other type of grocery here is SO EXPENSIVE.. cereal for $8 or $9, canned food is $4 as well as frozen berries.. you are gonna pay upwards of $6.. amazing.

But everyday is still a learning experience.. I am really happy that I did this experience because it is really teaching me how to budget.. and just how expensive things can be..

...also.. it is teaching me how to live with different kinds of people.. thus far things have been okay.. I figured I live with over 100 girls at home, how hard could this be? WRONG. I truly appreciate how respectful people are at home.. because I have one roommate who is COMPLETELY flaky.. as well as another one who is somewhat sketchy.. so that should be interesting trying to work through... wish. me. luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment