Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Orientation....Flight of the Concords Reference.. duh.

What a day!

 Today was orientation for international students... thus meaning from the hours of 9am thru 3pm we had meeting after meeting and lecture after lecture.... the nice thing about my campus is that it is literally a 5-10 minute walk pretty from my flat. So if I were to oversleep, which hopefully I will not, I will still make it in time. And I have a pretty sweet view on my walk into campus....

My view on the way to campus!!! 


Even though orientation was long and somewhat repetitive.. I did get a lot of questions answered.. although there are still a million things on my to do list.. I have to "enrol" in classes tomorrow, set up my bank account and figure out the grocery situation with my flat-mates.. we all are in and out all of the time on separate schedules so it has been annoying to try to keep ourselves busy on a budget...
One of our lecture halls

A sign on the campus of Vic!

and not to mention.. EVERYTHING here is soo expensive minus vegetables!! Food, clothing, entertainment.. it is really a budgeting act.. but it will be totally do-able once school starts and we don't have to fill our entire days with fun things to do. We also are spending money to go around the city and find shortcuts,etc. The bus system is so different here and they tell you to make friends with someone who has a car.. easier said than done..

...you also have the option to buy a car.. which even if I had the money to do that (which I don't).. it is REALLY scary to drive here. The drive on the opposite side of the road and the opposite side of the car.. do not slow down for pedestrians, and always seem to be in a hurry.

It was an overwhelming day with so much information thrown in our direction.. but tomorrow we will be doing more cultural things. And on Saturday we will be going on a tour of the city seeing some of Wellington's finest sights... so more pictures and blogging to come!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.. I will be watching channel 131 so I can catch up on GLEE.. some things never change...

No comments:

Post a Comment