Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My relaxing time at Naviti!

Naviti was wonderful.. there were 35 of us there and we were spread among 3 "bures" or huts. There was a mega dorm with all 13 guys and 12 girls and then 10 of us got the other 2 bures which turned out to be more relaxing and spacious. Below are my hut mates and I!

Carissa, Me, Danielle, Colleen and Anneka

We had a great time getting to know each other and talk about all of our journeys to get here. It was truly a blessing for me to get to know there 4 strong, powerful women.


Our days usually consisted of getting awoken by the breakfast drum @ 7:30. We ate then usually had some sort of activity whether it was snorkeling, climbing up the mountain or sometimes both, followed by lunch, relaxing time, events, happy hour, dinner and some sort of performance before bed!

T
This is my bed before I unpacked my mess!

I would come and camp out with a book before afternoon tea time!

Lauren demonstrating how the islanders use the "drums." This is how they tell their guests that it is time for a meal or adventure, etc. The Naviti people are on slow and relaxed time frames. Things happen when they happen and it was extremely peaceful to be in this environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment