Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Locals, choir, and happy hour.

The end of Day 2 was really fun because we knew some of the staff better and we interacted with them more thus finding out more about them, their families and this beautiful island that they live on. We had this beautiful buffet dinner with some of the freshest fruit, vegetables and fish that I have ever eaten. I tried things that I have never eaten before and it was quite the experience.
Knox was the local bartender and was very friendly and open. A couple of us would sit by the bar and eat just to talk to him about his life. He was very content with his life and his job and it was refreshing talking to him.

 Of course I found nuggets (babies) These children were the children of the man who prepared out lovely barbecue that night. Some of the best chicken, fish, and sausage that I have ever eaten! These children were shy at first but then I just played with them. Every single one of my peers on this trip knows how much I love children so they knew this was a highlight of my trip!

Dinner.. I caught that :)

Some of the women of the church choir with Lauren, Patience, and I. They were beautiful people with beautiful voices. 

The awesome buffet for dinner! 

No comments:

Post a Comment