Monday, February 28, 2011

1st day of classes: both academic & yoga!

So today was my first day of classes.. boy, was I nervous! I have not had legitimate class since the end of November/ beginning of December!!!

...however by class I mean I had 1 academic class. It is a 200 level Sociology class called Everyday Life. My professor is REALLY awesome, which I am stoked for because I have him for another 300 level Sociology class as well! He is really awesome and also teaches classes on humor and comedy. This class is going to be really interesting because of the material as well as from a NZ perspective...

...after class, Lauren came with me to find my "student notes" and then we were off to Yoga class! Yoga was @ 6:30 pm.. and it was quite lovely. I knew I needed to get back into physical activity and I love yoga because for me it puts things in perspective. I have been going to Yoga since I was in high school and yet again New Zealand has given me a new perspective.. check out my views from Yoga class!
My yoga studio :)

I was literally doing warrior pose while looking outside @ these views...


After dinner I decided to cook for my roommate Brenda and myself.. we had spinach and cheese tortellini and roasted vegetable medley. This experience has really given me the chance to reflect on what I want out of life as well as to pay attention to my mind and body and what I want. We have been so active and eaten some of the freshest food.

I have also faced many challenges but been able to overcome them.

Today seeing as how it was my first day of school, I decided to turn over a new leaf. (I decided to as well as some long overdue reading from the Bible..) I told my roommate Brenda that I was going to KILL our other two roommates... with kindness :)))

I have realized that I cannot be angry with people who are not as friendly or not as clean as myself.. some people did not have the awesome upbringing that I had with my family. My parents are 2 great people and they have always taught me to be respectful of others. Other people have not been as lucky as me to have such great role models. Some people do not have the same self-confidence and self-esteem as well as the social skills that were instilled in me.

For as much as I have been stubborn and complaining.. I really can't do that because of where I am. This experience has been so eye opening and I am so very thankful for it and wish that I could fly all of my friends and families and loved ones out to see it. After all, who would not love this view??
Zealandia.

1 comment:

  1. That yoga studio looks awesome! If I am back - I definitely want to go there with you!! :-)

    ReplyDelete