Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Last night in Naviti.

Our last night was very bittersweet. We had an amazing day filled with adventure and lessons. After the village, we had lunch and I spotted a hammock where I could lay down and reflect on my time here. I journal here everyday so I can try to remember all of the small and intimate details. I eventually nap in the hammock and it is the best thing before tea time! The people at this resort call us for meals and tea by banging a drum and it is just an extremely relaxed environment. I really could get used to that and I realize how much I and the people I love rush around everyday and sometimes forget to live in the present moment.

After dinner, the locals came back and taught us the local fijian dances for ceremonies as well as prepared their island "cava" drink. It comes from a root plant and looks and tastes like dirty water. I was not a fan of it but some people loved it. I was excited to take part in this ceremony though.
                                       Singing to us before we experience the dancing!!!

They were so energetic and enthusiastic.. it was amazing!

And intense- haha.

They got right up in our faces and it was so cool because we were all sort of mesmerized by it.

Preparing the cava for us. You would clap once individually before drinking the whole drink and then the group would clap 3 times. You as a group drink the whole big bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment