Saturday, February 19, 2011

Wellington Botanic Gardens

I woke up on Saturday and realized that I had nothing scheduled that I HAD to do... what a relief.. the first time all week and the morning was mine! So I decided to take that opportunity and slept in a little longer than usual. 

After getting my beauty rest, Lauren and I decided to meet up with Megan and Morgan. We met them on their side of town and together walked about 25-30 minutes until we got to the historic Wellington cable car! We were told we needed to take this at least once and seeing as how the Botanic Gardens was at the top of this hill, we saw it as the perfect opportunity to ride in the cable car. What is cool about the cable car is that on the way up, you have views of the whole city and harbor. At the top of the hill is the botanic gardens as well as the cable car museum that was closed when we went up.

View from the overlook!


Some of the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen!

The garden, however was BEAUTIFUL.. if you took a tour of the whole thing, it would take hours and we just did not have the time to do that! 

Lauren had to make it to this gig where she was job shadowing a talent agent. So I tagged along to make sure that it was not sketchy and that she was not by herself.. NO FRIENDS LEFT BEHIND!!

We got to this place called Medusa and the door was literally a hole in the wall.. which ironically is what it was called before it was Medusa. We basically watched a few bands have their sound checks and such and then we went to grab Tapas at a cute restaurant on Cuba street before heading back to watch the show! The band was called Lunesta and they were a mixture between Eminem and Linkin Park.. imagine it... 

It was cool to check out though and Lauren is going to get to see a lot of bands... hopefully I can tag along to a few events.. bc I really enjoyed myself.. I thought it was really cool!! The music scene in NZ is not large.. for ever 20 songs played on the radio maybe 2 are from NZ bands.. a successful concert here is considered if there are 400-450 people. Musicians do not make a lot like they do in the states so it is cool really seeing people who are passionate about their music.. 
Rockin out to Lunesta..

No comments:

Post a Comment